It has been some time since my last post. almost 2 years.
Lets talk about early retirement. I wanna talk about this because it is what i want to do, in 10 years time.
Reading suggests various reasons for early retirement decision. Health, family, boring 9-5 job, life balance, need more time for personal interest etc..
I have come to the stage where I don't feel as much satisfaction working in the office as I used to feel, when I was younger. I now think that doing something else at home is more rewarding and full filling then working. I still want to work, part time basis, say 3 days a week. What choice do I have in Malaysia? Plenty perhaps.
I am not good at doing business. Nasi lemak, kuih-muih, tudung, just not my cup of tea. I did talk to my beautician about doing a facial service at home. Her mother in-law now stay at home granny, did facial to customers charging about RM80/person. She choose only 3 customers per day. She only need to but a special bed for facial, an ultrasound machine and a room at home. She did extraction (pimples + black heads) and massage too. She has plenty of time at home. It sounds interesting.
Another friend of mine, resign early to care for her children. Little did she know, that was the best choice she did. She now stay at home mum for her children, while earning substantial income from ferrying her neighbours' children to the school and after school care.
I think of doing some teaching job, part time tutors at colleges or substitute teachers at secondary school maybe, after I retired. So I still have something to look forward too besides house chores, listening to ceramah agama, reading and ferrying my younger daughter to school.
No comments:
Post a Comment